The core activity of Astomstroy, founded in 2003, is wholesale and retail of finishing materials. Over the many years of its operation, Astomstroy has acquired a reputation for being a reliable partner and is currently the largest company in the Republic of Belarus selling construction and finishing materials and household goods. The company develops its network of construction hypermarkets under the Mile brand and a network of household goods stores under the YORK brand.
For the Mile store chain , the following project was planned:
- Deployment of online resources of the trading company, including the 1C Bitrix-based website and internal software (logistics, document management) on a reliable and high-performance cloud hosting capable of dealing with high loads on the website.
- Increase in the speed of access to the online store to get a competitive edge in search for target requests.
This high load project required resources that would ensure stable operation and high performance. To attain this objective, we offered a cloud solution based on VMware virtualization — E-cloud — as one of the most productive solutions in the market. Veeam-based backup was also provided. Based on the specifics of the customer’s project — 1C Bitrix: Site Management — a specialized recent version of the BitrixVM solution was offered.
The client conducted preliminary tests of several solutions supplied by various cloud providers of Belarus. The best results were obtained in E-cloud from ActiveCloud (more than 20% exceeding the performance of its peers).
Using the ActiveCloud solution ensured high speed of the website, which for its part had a positive impact on the efficiency of the Internet resource and improved the website’s positions in search engines.
Benefits of the solution:
- Ability to plan IT infrastructure costs; charges only apply to consumed resources;
- Improved security and centralization of IT resources;
- Uninterrupted 24/7 access to the service.
- ActiveCloud’s technical support with client-oriented approach. Urgent start-up consultations and direct assistance from specialists.
- Convenience of personal accounts and ActiveCloud resource management panel. Possibility to change services and add memory capacity and performance in real time.
- Transparency of spending and allocation of funds for services, with a large number of different services.